When you learn about Starter Inc. you know there’s something exciting happening in technology.
This section defines what makes Starter special and gives you some tools to help articulate, express and evaluate the brand.
The Starter Promise
Our brand promise is a single statement that captures the essence of our experience. This is the internal compass we use to guide the development of our brand.
This is not an ad. This is not a tagline. This is our promise to our users. It’s that simple.
Starter Ignite is Open and Responsive to You
Positioning defines our company in relation to the market, our customers, our staff and partners, and even our competition.
Starter puts its customer partners first and promotes a mutually beneficial collaboration between all users and contributors to gain the maximum benefit from the best open source software.
Starter is committed to using and contributing to open source software as a core principal.
Starter and its founders have a long history of achieving the extraordinary for their customers and staff and for the open source community as a whole.
Starter Ignite enables individuals to create and build without permission or restriction.
Vendor and Platform Neutrality
We strive to avoid vendor lock-in and to promote platform neutrality at every decision point. Whenever possible we push code contributions out to the core community and strive to give back to our developer community.
Starter exists to Ignite initiatives both internally and for our clients so that we may power the next generation of technology while exhibiting responsible corporate citizenship.
When we create communications, how do we ensure we are making this promise and positioning real?
Starter is innovative and lean, yet Enterprise grade and reliable. We strive to speak from authority, with honesty, and with the language of good business:
Starters and the Starter Brand speak with a voice of:
- Trusted Advisory
- Honest Realism
- Engagement and Empowerment
Starter exists to revolutionize the Design of Technology, to improve the world by empowering our users with well designed, thoughtful products and services using open source solutions and best practices.
For all permitted uses of our trademarks, you may not:
- alter our logos in any way
- place a logo in such close proximity to other content that it is indistinguishable
- make our logo the most distinctive or prominent feature on your website, printed material or other content
- use our logos in a way that suggests any type of association or partnership with Starter or approval, sponsorship or endorsement by Starter (unless allowed via a license from us)
- use our logos in a way that is harmful, deceptive, obscene or otherwise objectionable to the average person
- use our logos on websites or other places containing content associated with hate speech, pornography, gambling or illegal activities
- use our logos to, or in connection with, content that disparages us or sullies our reputation
The logo files containing our trademarks are available under the following copyright licenses: bitmap and vector logo files under CC-BY 3.0or later.